There are literally thousands of kitchen gadgets available on the market. While some (such as vegetable peelers and timers) are ubiquitous in every home kitchen, there are tools that appeal to cooks who share certain enthusiasms (such as specialty ice cream scoops) and others that are not very popular today but will be soon.
Here’s my prediction for items that you may not have in your kitchen now but may consider during 2009.
1. Salt cellars to hold artisan salts
2. Smoker boxes and smoking apparatus for conventional grills
3. Cedar grill wrapping sheets
4. Ipod/Nintendo DS/iphone to use as timers, for recipe storage and for making shopping lists
5. Mortar and pestle or an electric spice grinder for grinding specialty pepper
What gadgets or kitchen tools do you think will become more popular? Likewise, what underrated kitchen gadget do you recommend?