What started with the Kernels chain, way back in the 80s, has matured into a full-fledged snack trend. Fueled in part by the fact that popcorn is a whole grain, this trend is also buoyed by the dodgy reputation that fried snacks such as potato chips have developed.
A slew of popped fresh proof that this trend is hot exists. For instance:
• this great sounding recipe from 101 Cookbooks
• fancy popcorn poppers like this one sold at Williams-Sonoma
• fantastic gourmet flavoured popcorns from 479° Popcorn (try the ginger sesame caramel – it’s my fav!)
• the sudden appearance of Popcorn Indiana on every store shelf
• the launch of the Pop-corn Seasonings line by Clubhouse.
All this is evidence that this trend is exploding!
Are you a popcorn fan? If so, are you a stove top purist or a microwave maven?